09 November 2006

...To Two Fallen Camerades.

Deaths during war are to be expected, but all are tragedies for the families of those we lose and the men and women that serve with them. The only reason I chose these particular losses to write about is because I am a former AH-64D aviator. I certainly do not intend to slight those of other branches, services or specialities who are no longer with us. So take this entry for what it is: A tribute to fallen brothers in arms. I'll keep mine short. NOTR over at ROFASIX said it far better than I could anyway.

4 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

As soon as I saw the DoD notice with the ranks "Chief Warrant Officer", I knew they were likely Apache pilots. As you say - all of our troops lost are sad losses, and we regret every one. It's just that the ranks seem small as it is.
Rest in peace, Chief Priestner and Chief Henderson ... job well done.

November 09, 2006 9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. An old friend commented that my comments meant more than I realized. I put that down as 'nice' until I read a comment on my blog from a relative of one of these fallen warriors.

Words are so damn inadequate sometimes.

November 10, 2006 9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I send you my sincerest sympathy in the loss of these comrades. What an incredible sadness. They are such special people and nothing assuages the loss; I only wish there was, but know that you and their families are remembered in my prayers.

November 19, 2006 8:09 PM  
Blogger -blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

My Pop was a Major in the USAF. Lookit our blog.

August 14, 2010 3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home