26 August 2006

If you want the mug... you gotta pay

The charter members of the LDM placed an order recently for 50 LDM Coffee mugs . Now that it is time to collect the cash, this what I have to deal with. Sent in by an LDM Contracting Officer serving in Iraq.

I like the mug. However, after a year in Iraq I have somehow come up with a whole host of excuses as to why I have not paid yet. But before I get to that, " do you take Dinars or POGs?".

The top ten reasons I have not paid:

10. I could not get through the gate. I did not know I needed a valid ID
9. The roads were closed or was it the gates that day.
8. Yes, I did say that I could do it, but when I went to actually see if I could deliver, it was not available.
7. My Brother was threatened.
6. My Cousin was threatened.
5. My Friend's, cousin's, brother was threatened.
4. I could not pay my insurgent tax so I stayed home.
3. It was Friday.
2. I was celebrating some birthday, anniviersary of a death, orreligious holiday. And I was on a manditory pilgrimage for 4 days.
1. And my all time favorite..."I'm Iraqi!" -- seriously one of the vendors really used that as an excuse.

For those interested in getting a mug of their own, keep checking back... the original order sold like hotcakes, but there are plans in the works for more LDM gear for you to proudly display!

4 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

Great logo design -- how come you're not selling 'em on Cafe Press??

August 29, 2006 6:56 AM  
Blogger LDM Grand Poobah said...

Keep checking back. We hope to offer them within a month or so.

August 29, 2006 8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DAMN, and I came here thinking I was going to buy one of these things. In fact, I need two.

Casca

September 01, 2006 6:59 PM  
Blogger LDM Grand Poobah said...

I haven't done a very good job of advertising it, but Mugs and other paraphrenalia are now available through the cafepress link on the right. Go to www.cafepress.com/disgruntledmaj

October 26, 2006 3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home